Friday, May 24, 2013

Fun and Games

Hey guys,

It's been a nice spring, for the few weeks we've had of it here in Michigan, and I've spent the last week doing gardening around my parent's house in prep for my little sister's graduation party. I've also been getting the specifics of by big trips ironed out, though I still need to order plane tickets to San Diego.

I've finally gotten my stuff together and started submitting stories to a couple of different publications. It'll be a little bit nerve-wracking waiting to hear back from them, but I hope that I might be able to get some more stories out to the public. I will be very excited if I don't get all rejection letters, but it'll just have to go into the pile of rejections.

Along with that fun, gut-wrenching anticipation, I've been practicing my object oriented programming with a rogue-like dungeon simulator. It's not very far just yet, but it'll be a cool little program to play around with. All I currently have is a basic floor plan generator and tracking a few environmental constants. I'll be trying to implement skeleton generation/movement next, but we'll see how well that will go. I'm looking at possibly using PyGame for tile output, but that'll probably be after I get some proper dungeon rendering. I'm also doing some cost analysis on DOTA 2 items, but I am still drawing conclusions from the number crunching. That analysis will just have to be a later posting.

All in all, it's been a quiet summer and I can't wait until the end of June for Clarion to start. There are many adventures left ahead of me, and I am ready to meet them head on.

See you later guys,
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment