Friday, May 10, 2013

Skipping Town and Other Misadventures

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been posting as much as I would like, it's been kind of hectic as of late.

I'm sitting in my favorite tea house in East Lansing, and have been informed that they are shutting down. It's a weird feeling. They stopped ordering their teas, and many of the bottles on the shelf that once housed some of my favorite blends of tea now sit empty. I'm leaving East Lansing, and I feel as though it is leaving with me a little bit.

I went through all of my graduation ceremonies this past weekend, and am now a proud owner of a BS in Microbiology. The whole ceremony was rather entertaining (and long, but that's because the college of Natural Science is the largest college at MSU.) Mostly spent making fun of all of the Human Biology majors that didn't get into medical schools, which was as funny as it was heartless.

I got into many graduate programs (despite my fears and trepidation) and, after making some hard decisions, will find my self going to Pittsburgh next fall. I'll be joining Carnegie Mellon's Master's program in Computational Biology, which I am terribly excited for. I am excited partly because it's a field that is both interesting and rapidly growing, partly because it is one of the best schools in the country for computer science, and just a little part that their school colors are Tartan.

Last but not least, I got into Clarion. (I know, it's a little late to be spreading the news now, but as I said, I've been really busy.) Which means foremost, that I'm going to be heading to San Diego in a matter of weeks to spend the rest of my summer diligently writing and editing with some of the finest minds in fiction and some of the best and brightest up coming writers in the country. I'm not entirely sure how it all happened, but we will just have to see what will become of it. I'll try to keep you guys in the loop though!

Big changes are headed my way and Michigan is suddenly feeling a little bit small. It looks like it's about time for me to move on. As brilliantly terrifying as that suddenly feels.

Best Regards Guys,
Patrick


P.S. The tea house has been playing Disney Music the entire time that I've been writing this, and it is wonderful. I am going to miss this place terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment