Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday is the new Friday

alt title: Typing in Class

Well, finished the first portion of my submission last night. Still needs heavy editing and such, but the skeleton is constructed. I've gathered a rough concept for the second portion, but we'll have to see how that goes when I start writing it. I might post sections of the first that I decide to cut from the final draft, but that won't be until my fairy god-editor get's her hands on it.

Finished reading a few new webcomics lately ("Manly Guys Doing Manly Things" and "Gunshow"). It's always nice to be up to date on interesting comics and my RSS reader is always hungry for new subscriptions. I've only got 38 comics that I've subscribed to currently and a few of them have ended and some others have gone outside of my attention span. It gives me something to read everyday but I feel that there are still things that I'm missing out there. I'd really like to find some more that I really get into reading (Vattu from Riceboy is fairly awesome as well as Homestuck from MS Paint Adventures). I'm fairly happy with how Monster Pulse is coming along: the artwork is pleasant and the plot is beginning to come together nicely.

I've got an exciting weekend planned, so it'll probably breakdown at some point and begin to crash and burn. I've planned for this and have a fire extinguisher in my car just in case. Concert with Ethan and his merry men on friday, big family party on Saturday and a nice quiet sunday to study (or pretend study). There isn't a whole lot else to worry about and things have been falling into place recently, which is highly unusual and I fear for the worst.

Today I have to worry about the latest play test of the minisix system after class. The most recent test had a few numbers off and the Sorcerer characters were boiling opponent's brains and the wizard's prepared spells were failing in a particular fashion (One of his tattoos burned itself off... we'll have to rethink that). This probably shouldn't happen so we had to make checks more defined. We'll have to see whether the new DC definitions are hard/easy enough for proper casting.  We'll be rolling a bunch of cheap characters and killing each other and everything in the monster manual until we feel that it's properly exploding. 

Also, a fairly decent post for once. I might be getting the hang of this.
Spot you later dullahan!

No comments:

Post a Comment